Tony Robbins Interviews 108 Year Old Nazi Concentration Camp Survivor
If anyone has a reason to be angry at the world it is 108 year old Nazi holocaust survivor Alice Herz Summer.
She lost her family. She suffered incredibly at the hands of her captors. However, what is so remarkable is that she isn’t angry. Not at all. She considers herself as “optimistic and laughing from the beginning of my life.” She lives by herself, plays the piano daily and has an outlook on life that we can all learn from. For her, life is never terrible…it is a gift.
What I took away from this video is:
- Be grateful for everything – a smile, the sun, “everything is a present”
- Never hate, we are all sometimes good and sometimes bad
- Things are not so terrible, no matter what you might think
- Focus on the good and learn from the bad
- Learn, learn, never stop learning
- Music is her food, her religion…and her medicine…”Bach is better than 100 pills!”
For me, the most powerful insight comes 10 minutes into the video…..”living ones life backwards.”
Take 12 minutes out of your day and watch this video. I’ve watched it several times already since this morning. It is guaranteed to shift your perspective in a positive way.