During Saturday’s , we made vision boards. Unlike my Date With Destiny vision board, this one was much simpler and more visual. It has four key sectors 1) Wealth 2) Vitality 3) Adventure 4) Love.
How did we actually built these boards? During last month’s goal setting process to help people get clear about what they really want to ACHIEVE. This was great prep for the vision process., we went through a
The only real guidance for creating the boards were that they be:
- Visual: they should be easy understand
- Emotional: they should evoke excitement and interest
- Personal: they should make sense for you and really fit your true goals
- Current: they should be relevant for you given where you are right now in your life
Aside from these guiding principles, the process was very much free-form. Everyone brought magazines to help build their own giant collage. We also had poster board, markers and some other tools to make them personal.
Want to create your ownboard? Here are the steps we used.
- Get clear about goals for the next year or so. This is by far the most crucial part of the process. Sometimes it helps to think of broad categories or “sections” that you want to represent in you board. For example, I had my four sections as mentioned above.
- Start ripping out images from magazines that represent your goals. Lay these out (roughly) on the poster board.
- Take post-it notes and write down any “power words” or motivational quotes. Place these on the board.
- Cut out the images and align them.
- Paste the images to the board. Don’t use Elmer’s glue, it will cause the images to ripple, use glue sticks that are safe for photos.
- Write out any power words or quotes. Decorate your board in any other way to make it and powerful for you.
The board should be placed in a visual location. In fact, you should make a point to look at it and reflect at least twice a day.
Keep in mind, the purpose of a vision board is to help you achieve your potential as a human being. It is not meant to magically manifest anything you desire into your life. With this perspective, I am excited to track progress for myself and the as we continue to grow over the coming months.
If you like what you see here, subscribe to Set Higher Standards and get inspiring content delivered regularly right to your e-mail inbox or RSS reader!