Think about your five closest friends. These are the people you spend the most time with, either in person or via e-mail, Facebook, MySpace and phone conversations. According to popular wisdom (and it proves to be correct in my life), these five people will define, over the long term:
- The level of your bank account and your salary
- Your overall health and fitness
- Your willingness to take risks and go on adventures
- Your career level and aspirations
- Your overall level of happiness and well-being
- Your attitude and demeanour while relating to other people
This is a very unscientific, but highly demonstrable truth. Think about it. Your peer group defines not just who you are, but who you become. Choose your friends wisely.